||Area: 69,9 thousand-sq. km|
Population:4,6 millions inhabitants
Time zone: UTC+4
National currency: lari (GEL)
Georgian Metrology Institute is a structural unit of Legal Entity of Public Law – Georgian National Agency for Standards and Metrology (GEOSTM), which is in the system of the Georgian Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development. Legal basis for providing uniformity of measurement in the country is Product Safety and Free Movement Code, which includes laws “About Provision Uniformity of Measurements”, and also other laws related to Quality Infrastructure.
Objectives, functions, rights and obligations of the agency are represented by:
· Participation in creation and development of measurement standards base for verification, calibration, examination and type approval works of measuring equipment (including imported ones) in accordance with the legislation in force;
· Participation in forming and conducting state policy in the field of standardization and metrology and coordination of activities in these fields;
· Participation in forming of metrological system in accordance with the legislation in force;
· Participation in developing normative base for improving fields of uniformity of measurement;
· Organization and conduction of works on reproducing measurement units by means of measurement standards for providing uniformity of measurements on the whole territory of the country;
· Participation in works of developing scientific-methodic basis for developing system of uniformity of measurements;
· Organization of works related to standards registry, its management and provision of publication of standards list (registry);
· and other kinds of activities.
MI activities covers works on:
· development and improvement of measurement standards base
· calibrations and measurements
· expert measurements
· type approval
· recognition of initial verification, etc.
GEOSTM Organizational Structure
GEOSTM MI Divisions also conducts works on maintenance and support for measurement standards, including national state measurement standards of Georgia.
The Metrology Institute is internationally recognized for its calibration and measurement capabilities as a results of peer-review, conducted in October, 2013 for the fields of mass, electrical measurements and temperature. In February, 2014 at the meeting of the Technical Committee of COOMET Quality Forum the MI received relevant recognition certificate QSF-R32.
In march, 2014, were published 9 ÑÌÑ lines of GEOSTM in the field of temperature ;
In march, 2014, were published 16 ÑÌÑ lines of GEOSTM in the field of electricity
And 5 CMC lines in the field of mass
For 100% factor of availability of public information for the year 2014 (similarly like in 2012-2013) GEOSTM was awarded a certificate by the Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI).
Management Contact Details:
Georgian National Agency for Standards and Metrology (GEOSTM).
Mr. Davit Tqemaladze
Address: Chargali Str., 67, 0178 Tbilisi, Georgia
Telephone: +995 32 261 35 00; +995 32 261 25 30
Fax: +995 32 261 35 00
Director of Metrology Institute of GEOSTM:
Ms. Nino Mikanadze
Telephone: +995 32 261 77 57
Fax: +995 32 261 35 00